Friday, March 11, 2011

Sometimes, even I get busy.

Wow, has it really been almost two months since I've posted here? And to make it worse, I'm afraid I don't even have much caricature work to show for it!

I did, however, finish this one recently. It's my entry for the Bob Dylan contest at Wittygraphy. I thought I was just doing another quiick (relatively speaking) digital sketch, no differenter or specialer than my usual stuff, but several people have now praised it as being one of my best works ever. Makes me wish I'd done it in higher resolution than 100dpi.



Oh, and I also did this one of Karl Malden for Wittygraphy last month:



And, in case anyone's interested to know, I won the Glenn Close contest (see previous post), which was unexpected. So... Yeah, that was all cool and stuff.

3 comments:

David Germain said...

Congrats on the Glenn Close contest win. What's your prize, a torrid affair with her that ends with a dead rabbit?

Either way, good job.

Mitchel Kennedy said...

I've seen you around once or twice, but I never noticed your work until I walked by while you were drawing on the board walk (last summer, maybe?). Great stuff, man!

chumpmonkey said...

Thank you very much.

Incidentally, I placed third in the Bob Dylan contest. Not bad, considering that there were some really good Bob Dylan caricatures there!