Thursday, December 4, 2008

wwwwwwwwwowwwwwwww! that's a lot of doubleyous!

i just couldn't decide on one "w" male. there were too many i really wanted to do. i managed to narrow it down to four. it's been a busy couple of lunch hours these last few days.

first, you probably won't be able to comment on likeness on this one unless you have small children, or possibly, if you're just australian (elliot? do you still show your face around here these days?)

it's the wiggles:


second, one of my all-time favourite comedians, steven wright. i'm not quite sure what his look is these days, so i just went with his classic appearance:



third (i think my favourite of the bunch), eagles guitarist and seriously underappreciated solo artist, joe walsh:



and finally, because my friend ian practically begged me, down on bended knee and with tears brimming in his eyes, in a pretty pathetic display of emotion and desperation (read: "casually suggested it"), tom waits (though i'm afraid i don't feel i really brought much to this one that you've never seen in any other tom waits caricature) :


all comments welcome.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting that wonderful Steven Wright, I've waited many a fortnight for said caricature so now I can finally sleep. Thanks again, Don. Keep up the good work.

chumpmonkey said...

ha ha, yeah, it has been some time, hasn't it? glad you like it. thanx for checking it out.

David Germain said...

because my friend ian practically begged me, down on bended knee and with tears brimming in his eyes, in a pretty pathetic display of emotion and desperation (read: "casually suggested it")

Hey, I remember being there when he said that. I believe he also added that if you did draw that picture for him he would go to the middle of the Downsview parking lot, strip down to nothing, and do the 'naked dance'. I hope he is not one to go back on his word.

Joel Glanfield said...

It's really sad that I recognized the first picture. It just shows what you guys are always watching on the boob-tube.

chumpmonkey said...

you mean our KIDS. what our KIDS are always watching.

Joel Glanfield said...

Kids? What kids? YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE KIDS!!